Saturday, February 27, 2010

Football Sunday Withdrawals.

I'm a little peeved. I was browsing NFL.com searching for any sign that Minnesota might have a reliable quarterback next season when I came across a headline that read: "League could change postseason overtime format."

WHAT!? Oh, sure. After Minnesota loses in OT to the Saints. Uh huh. Yup. That's cool.

The rule would be, the first team to score must score a touchdown in order to win right then and there. If a field goal is made, the other team will get the ball with either a chance to score a touchdown to win, or tie it with a field goal.

I never liked sudden death. Call me a girl, but it kind of isn't fair. Honestly, who usually scores first? The coin toss winner. EVEN if possession of the ball goes back and forth between the teams, the coin toss winner usually wins in the end.

Oh, with the exception of the Vikings, apparently. Thank you Chicago, December 28th.

But, in all honesty, the NFL needs to spend more time in the officiating department. Bad calls is a part of the game, I know. But horribly blatant missed calls? That's uncalled for. (Hehe, I'm funny.)

1 comment:

  1. nice...i dont think we need more instant replay though..unless they can speed that process up...have a great sunday.

    ReplyDelete