Saturday, December 19, 2009

Five.

We went on a traditional date... coffee, conversation, then a movie. It was nice, he was refreshing to me. Older, but not exactly set in his ways. He was nervous, I was too, but slightly less than he was. He mentioned a second date, we'll see. He ended up texting me this morning, he went out with his buddies after our date and was hung over earlier. I'm not so sure that is a good sign for me. Going to get lit after a date with me?

I'm afraid that sometimes I come off as a pretty girl with a tight dress on and that's it. I think that I am often cut short, hardly given a chance to prove that I am not just a polished shell. I shouldn't have to prove anything, but I can't seem to find anyone that takes the second impression into consideration. I'm hoping we do have a second date, but I won't count on it, as I never do.

I'll stop this short day, or else I'll end up over analyzing everything.

3 comments:

  1. First dates are so hard. And I don't think it's a bad sign that he went out and drank with his friends after you had your date. Don't you just wish you were a fly on the wall at that bar to get the real story of how he thinks it went? I love that you went out with an older guy, which is usually what I do, and I met a 25 year old last night. Ha. Hope you get that second date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it went well overall. you dont need to prove anything, let it happen if it does and if you want and if not, so be it...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you shouldn't have to prove it. the right person will see you for you.

    that ain't the greatest sign (him going out after..) but who knows his reason why? if you had a good time, why not go on a second date. not like yall swapping keys afterwards lol

    ReplyDelete