Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Draft.. and other things.

So the draft is over, report cards are handed out, and everyone is either happy, OK, or disappointed in their team's activity in the draft. It happens every year. How do I feel about Minnesota's choices? I'll let you know in November or December.

Grading the draft is about as useful as vacuuming your lawn. It's just something sports analysts have to blab about until training camp. There is no possible way to judge a player regarding a professional sport until we actually see them perform at a professional level. Sure stats are good to have, but they only let you know whether or not the player has a chance in hell, they let you know just how much work they'll be. The draft is a gambling game, you either hit it on the money, or you just drafted yourself an mediocre player. So, we'll see.


In other news, the divorce is finally happening. After almost 2 years. We agreed on everything, we do not own any property together, what's his is his, and what's mine is mine. As far as our son, Big Pimpin', I'm the primary caregiver. Holler for uncontested divorces! What a weight that was on my shoulders. I feel like I can breathe now. I feel like I can love again.

Which I am. I am in love.

2 comments: